Minnesota Geospatial Advisory Council
The Council acts as a coordinating body for the Minnesota geospatial community. It represents a cross-section of organizations that include counties, cities, universities, business, nonprofit organizations, federal and state agencies, tribal government, surveyors and other stakeholder groups that benefit from geospatial technology.
- Current members
- One member position is open to represent the Greater Minnesota Regional Government sector
- Application information for Open Appointments administered by the Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State
- Submit completed applications at the Open Appointments site, accompanied by a resume and cover letter explaining your interest in serving on the council
- 2021 Accomplishments and 2022 Work Plan
- Guiding principles, authorization, and membership
Meeting Dates, Materials and News
Council meetings are 4 times a year and all are open to the public.
Future meeting dates: September 28 and December 14
- Next meeting: September 28, 2022
- 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- In-person option: Location TBD
- On-line option: via Microsoft Teams. For connection information, contact MnGeo at email@example.com
- Meeting materials
- Minnesota GIS News:
Subscribe to be notified of upcoming meetings and other council news
Committees and Workgroups
The council is supplemented and supported by committees and workgroups. Non-council members are welcome and encouraged to participate on these groups.
- Cory Richter, Council chair
- David Brandt, Council vice chair
- Nancy Rader, Geospatial Advisory Council support